Listen, these ain’t Betty Crocker’s brownies.
These are sinfully indulgent. Butter, cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips throughout. Chocolate is absolutely the star of this recipe. The brownies are moist, gooey, not super sweet. You can also taste little flecks of salt. I’m telling you, these are very grown brownies.
Add more or less chocolate morsels. Top with nuts. Go crazy! (But honestly, they are so f*cking good, they can stand alone.)
1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 ¼ cups of cocoa powder
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup of flour
1-2 cups of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×13 or 11×7 baking pan (with butter, shortening, baking cooking spray)
- In a sauce pan, melt your butter over low heat and then add sugar
- Stir very carefully and cook for about 2 minutes. (do not skip this step)
- Pour this mixture into the bowl for your mixer
- Carefully beat in your salt, cocoa powder, vanilla and eggs one at a time
- Mix until well combined
- On low, add your flour.
- Using a spatula fold in the chocolate morsels.
- Spread batter into the baking pan (the batter will be thick, this is okay!)
- Carefully smooth the top of your batter
- Bake for up to 30 minutes; start checking for doneness around 20 minutes
- Cool on a baking rack
Adapted from King Arthur Flour