3 ripened plantains
1 green plantain
¾- 1 c flour, extra for dusting
2 tsp vegetable oil
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil
- Chop plantains into thirds or quarters, skin intact
- Boil for 20-30 or fork tender
- Remove and allow to cool enough to handle
- In a food processor, puree everything together except for the flour
- A ball should begin to form, add flour a quarter at a time until fully incorporated, no chunks
- Dough should not be too sticky
- Plop onto floured surface, dust dough and knead incorporating flour until the dough doesn’t stick to the surface
- This dough can be used for empanadas/patties or get creative with layers for a lasagna, taco shells, pot pie crust, pizza crust, etc. you name it.
- To freeze: Press into disc, wrap tightly with plastic wrap before storing in freezer bag. Allow to thaw completely before using.
© 2019 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved