This can absolutely be used for a traditional cheesecake with a graham cracker or cookie crust. I’m posting this separate from my other ‘cheesecake’ recipes so it’s less confusing to figure out how to recreate the filling.
2-8oz cream cheese, room temp
1 C sugar
3 tbsp sour cream, room temp
½ tbsp. vanilla extract
½ tbsp. corn starch
1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In the bowl of your mixer, whip the softened cream cheese.
- Add the sour cream
- Add the sugar and vanilla
- Add the corn starch
- Add the eggs one at a time
- Scrape down the sides, mix until combined
- You don’t want to see any large flecks of cream cheese, small specks are okay.
- Cut a circle large enough to fit into the bottom of a 9” cake pan
- Spray with cooking spray, place parchment
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the pan, gently tap the pan on your counter to release any bubbles
- Bake for roughly an hour
- The cheesecake will be slightly jiggly in the center, a tad firmer towards the edges
- This cheesecake is a filling so some browning and cracks are fine. No one is going to see this. This is basically sacrilegious for traditional cheesecake, I know, but trust me.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow cheesecake to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight preferably
© 2019 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved