No frills. This is a very easy recipe. Once you get the technique down, you can start playing with different flavors and different fillings.
Roughly chopped scallions
¼ c shredded carrots
4-5 oz ground pork
4-5 oz ground chicken thigh
Small splash of sesame oil
1 tsp of oyster sauce
½ tsp of fish sauce
2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- As you are working, keep your wontons covered with a kitchen towel to prevent them from drying out.
- In a large bowl, combine your ingredients using a spatula
- In a sauce pan, cook a small amount of meat to taste your seasoning. Adjust as you see fit.
- Using a spoon, scoop a small amount of meat on to your wonton wrapper. Don’t over fill.
- Dip your finger in water and rub it along the edge
- Fold the opposite side of the wontons and seal them
- You can totally do a more fancy seal. This is the easiest one in my book.
- I steamed these dumplings using a steamer basket
- Bring a little bit of water to a boil then reduce to a simmer
- Spray basket with cooking spray
- Place several dumplings at a time
- Steam for 5-6 minutes
- I seasoned mine impeccably and they didn’t need a sauce, however, if you want a sauce I whipped one up here
© 2017 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved