I was messing around in the kitchen yesterday evening trying to find something quick and easy. I had some bleu cheese leftover from buffalo bacon cheeseburgers (omg) last week. I noticed that I had some mondo-potatoes in my batch. They were obscenely large. If I grow a third ear, we’re going to blame it on the potatoes.
These are super indulgent and also super easy to make. I didn’t sub any low-fat ingredients this time so this is full of fat ergo perfect and hella delicious.
This was an improvised meal so the ingredients are not exact. It’s not so much a recipe as it is a template. Honestly, just use what you have and adjust proportions to suit your taste. It can be easily scaled as well.
1-2 c shredded chicken
3-4 strips of crispy bacon
About a tbsp of cream cheese
About ¼ c of bleu cheese
½ cup of shredded cheese, extra for topping
4 scallions, whites and greens
About ¼ c of pickled jalpenos
½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Clean potatoes
- Rub with oil and season with s&p
- Pierce with a fork or knife
- Place bacon on baking sheet and place into the oven as well
- (you can do this on the stove if you prefer).
- Bake potatoes for about 45 to 60 minutes
- Remove the bacon once its crispy
- DO NOT BURN YOUR BACON. It’s like treason or something.
- Meanwhile, you can chop and prep your veg and other fixins
- Allow to cool
- Chop your bacon, reserve some for topping
- Carefully scoop out the insides and place into a bowl
- Add cream cheese and bleu cheese
- Using a fork incorporate ingredients, add salt and pepper
- In large bowl, combine the chicken, seasonings and fixins using a silicon spatula
- Fill the potato skins with the filling
- Top with shredded cheese
- Place back into the oven until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are warmed through
- Top with more bacon and more scallions
Lazy Buffalo Sauce for a drizzle:
Using a 1:1 ratio, add hot sauce to melted butter and whisk until combined.
Optional: Jazz it up with Worcestershire, granulated garlic, cayenne and a little white vinegar.
© 2017 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved