A fun twist on a simple and versatile grain.
1 cup of quinoa
1-2 tsp of sesame seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp of sesame oil (reserved)
2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and sesame oil to a sauce pan.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add the quinoa and sesame seeds.
- Toast and stir frequently for about 4-5 minutes.
- It will become highly fragrant.
- Add chicken stock
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Stir and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes (or until the broth is fully absorbed).
- Add remaining sesame oil and stir.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Top with sesame seeds.
© 2017 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved