I love a flavor-packed dish with these flavors. You really can’t go wrong with garlic, ginger, cilantro, soy, sesame, etc. Tossing these ingredients together with brown rice noodles and veggie noodles (carrot and zuchinni), you’ve got a super light salad that can be eaten hot or cold.
It’s delicious as part of an entree, a side or a light lunch!
Chili Lime Peanut Noodle Salad
1 package of brown rice noodles, cook as directed
1 large zuchinni julienned, (invest in a mandolin slicer w/ attachments or vegetable spiralizer)
2 carrots, julienned
3 tsp sesame oil
4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, grated
1-2 inch ginger, grated
2 tbsp water
juice and zest of 1 large lime
3-4 tbsp of peanut butter, creamy or chunky
2 tsp of sambal
1 tsp of fish sauce
½ tsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
½ tsp of sesame oil
2 tbsp of light brown sugar
¼ cup chopped cilantro, to finish
- Cook rice noodles following package directions.
- In a large bowl combine the sauce ingredients and whisk vigorously until well combined. Taste and add ingredients as needed (I wound up adding a bit more ginger and crushed red pepper).
- Using a mandolin slicer (or vegetable spiralizer), shred your zucchini and your carrots.
- Drain noodles and reserve ¼ cup of cooking liquid.
- Put noodles back into pot, add shredded vegetables and sauce
- Using tongs, toss to combine
- This can be served hot, warm or cold.
Leftover sauce can be loosened with more lime juice or water and used as a salad dressing! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
© 2016 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved