Super simple, packed with flavor and good for you! Can’t beat that. This dip makes for a great appetizer or a middle of the afternoon “geez, I need to nosh on something before dinner snack”. I’ve heard…..
2 cans of black beans
2-3 cloves of garlic
Rice wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
Crushed red pepper or jalapeno
- In a food processor, place 1 medium red onion, 2 cans of drained and rinsed black beans, 2-3 smashed cloves of garlic, the zest of a lime, the juice of the lime, a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a splash of rice wine vinegar or white balsamic (trust me).
*(Some recipes call for sweating the garlic, onion and peppers in a pan before pulsing. This is also an option.)
- Add a liberal pinch of kosher salt, crushed red pepper or chopped jalapeno, ½ tsp of garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder and a tsp of cumin.
- Pulse the food processor while adding about a tbsp. of olive oil.
- Transfer to a serving dish or ramekin.
- Eat with tortilla chips or raw vegetables.
© 2016 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved