I love a good muffin and I’m always experimenting with different flavor profiles. Banana is a classic. In this recipe I used some of my favorite fall spices and instead of refined sugar, I opted for raw honey. This is not a super sweet muffin but if you insist, I added an alternative towards the end 😉
Yields 12+ muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp freshly grated ginger
½ tsp salt
2-3 very ripe bananas
½ stick unsalted butter
½ cup honey (if you want a sweeter muffin go for ¾ cup)
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder and salt
- In a separate bowl mash bananas and mix in the honey, egg and butter.
- Add the vanilla and the milk until combined
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix with spatula until combined
- Fill muffin cups until about two-thirds full
- Bake until a tooth pick comes out clean, 10-12 minutes
The muffins can be kept in an airtight container, leftover batter can be frozen and used at a later date.
For a little indulgence:
Mix ½ cup of confectioners sugar with a few tsp of milk until smooth and dip the muffin tops in!
© 2016 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved