I still have a ton of dried fruit and I’m trying to figure out how to use it. I’ve been snacking on them straight out of the bag, I’ve made smoothies and I’ve made cinammon rolls. And I still have a bunch left. I’m not generally a fan of a huge breakfast, I like to nosh in the morning. These are very yummy and the apricot flavor comes right through. You can pick a few up and go.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup oats
½ to 1/3 cup of sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 stick of unsalted butter, cold (cubed or shredded)
5 oz of dried apricot
½ cup of raw honey
1-2 tsp of water
*You can also use ¾ to 1 cup of apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter (using fingers or pastry blender) until the mixture looks like crumbs, you will have chunks of butter.
- You’ll want to work quickly but if the butter starts to melt, stick the mixture in the freezer for a few minutes
- Press half of the mixture into your greased pan, you want a small-ish pan.
- In a food processor, blend apricots and honey. If the mixture is thick add the water.
- Spread the apricot mixture then sprink with the remaining oat mix
- Press down gently
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking rack and then cut into squares
- Store in air-tight container
© 2016 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved