We received our first recipe donation! We created a poll on Twitter and you all wanted a breakfast/brunch recipe. Mason loves The Red Waffles and we make these pretty often. It’s definitely a decadent go-to!
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 ¾ cups of buttermilk
½ cup of vegetable oil
¼ cup of sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp of salt
2 tsp of vanilla extract
½ tsp distilled white vinegar
2 tbsp red food coloring
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1-2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
¼ – ½ cup of milk
(3-6 oz of cream cheese, optional)
For the glaze:
- Whisk together ingredients until smooth
For the waffles:
Preheat the waffle iron
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla and vinegar together.
- Carefully stir in the red food coloring. Slowly add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Using a ladle, carefully pour the mixture onto the iron, do not over fill.
- Close the iron and cook until the waffle is a deep red and crisp on the outside.
- Serve each waffle with the glaze.
© 2016 by Alexa Mason. All Rights Reserved